DATE: Saturday, August 24th
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
AWARDS CEREMONY: 5:00 pm at the Eugene Weekly/KRVM Stage
Parade tips below!
Click here to download the route - >>
Celebration Parade Information and Tips
The Eugene Celebration Parade represents the best of Eugene in all its diversity. Not without controversy, this irreverent collection of left and right, alternative and traditional, new age and conservative never fails to delight, entertain, stimulate and provoke the dialogue and interactions that define our community. Ever on the edge of appropriately behaved, Celebration Parade participants are eager to share their own particular ideology for the enjoyment of the community and their fellow citizens.
The Eugene Celebration Parade awards prizes only to formally registered parade entrants that are highly entertaining and best represent the award's category. Entries are judged on entertainment value to the audience, creativity and concept, and enthusiasm of the parade entrant(s).
Prizes are awarded at the Eugene Weekly/KRVM Broadway Stage on site at the Celebration, Saturday August 24, at 5:00 pm.
WE ARE HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING AWARDS FOR 2013
The winner of each of the seven main categories wins a "First Place" ribbon and $200 (unless otherwise noted).
Second place receives a "Runner Up" ribbon.
- BEST VIEW: Best decorated entry, closest to theme, best use of decorations
- BEST DRESSED: Best use of costuming
- BEST IN STEP: Most cohesive marching or dancing group
- BEST LAUGHS: Best use of humor, the funniest entry according to the Judges
- BEST LISTENING: Best use of live sound.
This could be a choir, a car band, or a drum group (or use your imagination!)
- KIDS ARE BEST: Best youth entry (judged by kid judges)
- JUDGES KNOW BEST: Judges' Choice!
The judge's favorite that may not fit into any of the categories
- BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND: $100 prize
- BEST HIGH SCHOOL BAND: $100 prize
- BEST OF SHOW WINNER: $250 prize
Tips for Floats
Using Sound Effectively
Marching for Beginners Makeup Tips
Masks for Effect